Environmental education to make our little eco-citizens aware of the need to protect the planet.
Our goal is to make children as young as possible aware of the impact of their behavior on the environment so that tomorrow’s citizens can become environmentally conscious.
Through the practice of concrete actions, we want to teach children the eco-citizenship: to act respectfully towards nature and the environment. As the school has a garden and vegetable garden as well as a kitchen, children will be offered playful activities such as:
– Gardening: water seeds sown beforehand, observe small garden bugs, admire plants bloom and smell aromatic plants…
– Growing a vegetable garden and the pleasure of picking and tasting a crunchy vegetable
– Cooking workshops: making and then tasting one’s “creations”.
The educational benefits are numerous, among others:
– Observation of nature and its beauty;
– Experimentation of the cycle of seasons, the cycle of plants, the origin of food;
– Discover new flavors;
– Vocabulary enrichment (name of fruits, vegetables and plants, and their constitution)
– Improvement of fine motor skills (plant a seed and water it gently, gather, use small tools);
– Awareness of the work and patience needed to produce food, an excellent reason not to waste it…
These activities are extremely rewarding (it’s a great pride to see and taste these beautiful fruits they nurtured from small seeds they planted!) and promote self-confidence.
Children will also learn the eco-gestures of everyday life, such as: selective sorting (recycling bins) for recycling waste, rational use of water, energy and the creation of compost for the vegetable garden.
To complete our approach of eco-citizenship, we give priority to wood materials and toys, and use ecological cleaning products as much as possible.
Let’s subscribe to receive the latest news of the school and the club